The Alaska Laborers Trust Funds was established to provide medical, retirement and legal benefits for their eligible members and their dependents through the collective bargaining process.
This site provides general benefit information, forms and other Trust related items. Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC) and Glossary of Terms can be reviewed here.
IMPORTANT - Deadline Extension for Certain Services
Based on guidance dated May 4, 2020 from EBSA and the IRS, deadlines for certain benefit-related services have been extended, including:
- COBRA election and payment
- HIPAA Special Enrollment, such as requests for election changes due to marriage, divorce, birth of a child, changes in other coverage, and eligibility for Medicaid and/or CHIP coverage
- Claim filing
- Claim appeals
The period beginning March 1, 2020 through the lifting of the COVID-19 National Emergency, plus an additional 60 days will be disregarded for determining your deadline for taking action.
Temporary Plan Changes Due to COVID-19
Effective March 1, 2020 the Board of Trustees has adopted the following changes to the Plan’s Medical and Prescription Drug Benefits:
The following changes will stay in effect until the COVID-19 emergency orders are lifted:
- Out-of-pocket costs associated with diagnostic testing for COVID-19 for both PPO and non-PPO providers are temporarily waived. Those who test positive, treatment of COVID-19 will still be subject to applicable cost sharing and PPO/non-PPO benefits depending on the provider’s status.
- Active participants, COBRA participants, non-Medicare retirees and their eligible dependents have access to Teladoc for 24/7 care via telephone (1-800 835-2362) or video chat at no cost. Other Telehealth providers for treatment of a covered condition are subject to deductible, coinsurance and PPO provisions of the Plan.
The following changes to the Plan have term dates and will be extended as needed:
- Inpatient Hospitalizations – The Plan will waive your deductibles and coinsurance for COVID-19 treatment at an in-network facility through December 31, 2020.
- Providence Hospital – Due to COVID-19, Providence Hospital in Anchorage will temporarily be considered an in-network facility from April 1, 2020 through December 31, 2020. During this period, if you receive services at Providence instead of Alaska Regional Hospital, the non-PPO penalties will not apply. Note: In most cases, the cost of services at Alaska Regional Hospital will be better than the cost of services at Providence. Alaska Regional Hospital remains the lowest cost option for you and the for the health plan.
- Coverage of Dental Personal Protective Equipment – The Plan will cover up to $20 per visit for Dental Personal Protective Equipment.
Previous announcements for the Pacific Health Coalition regarding the COVID-19 Outbreak can be found below:
Update as of June 8th, 2020 – Click Here
Update as of March 18th, 2020 – Click Here
Update as of March 16th, 2020 – Click Here
Drive-through COVID-19 testing – Click Here
Update Regarding COVID-19 Outbreak
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak and in the interest of keeping the community and our staff as safe and healthy as possible, all WPAS offices (Mercer Island, Gladstone, Anchorage, Spokane) will be closed for walk-in services effective March 17, 2020. WPAS will only be conducting business via phone, email, or fax. If you need to bring documentation or information to the office, there are drop boxes available at each of our office locations. Contact information can be found here.
Information to know about COVID-19
Aetna and Teladoc have provided informational flyers about COVID-19. To further read and learn about COVID-19 (coronavirus) and how to protect yourself and others, please click the links to the flyers below.
January 2020 – Affordable Care Act (ACA) Tax Provisions
Are you getting ready to file your 2019 federal income tax return? The Administration Office will be mailing the Form 1095-B by March 1, 2020. The form will identify if you and your family had qualifying health coverage for part or all of 2019. Please check to make sure the information on the form is accurate and keep it with the rest of your tax documents.
It is not necessary to wait for the Form 1095-B to file your taxes. Just like last year, you can check a box on your tax return, verifying you had qualifying health coverage.
If you have any questions regarding Form 1095-B, please contact the Administration Office at (855) 815-2323, option 4.
Coalition Health Center Expanded Hours
To find out more information about the Coalition Health Center’s expanded hours please see the link to the flyer below.